"I'm going to die"
"Not really...this watermelon looks good"
"Maybe I really am going to die, I can't swallow...there's no saliva"
"Oh look, some tomato and fresh mozzarella salad, yummy"
As we leave for home, I realize that I forgot to purchase anything flavorful to drink. And YES I know that I need to drink water but honestly I want something with some flavor. I want juice.
Now normally we are, at the R household, avid juice consumers. We like our flavor and our sugar and we're proud of it. I assumed that we, being the avid juice consumers we are, will have some sugary concoction to consume at our chambers. I was only partially correct.
I arrive home and peer into the fridge like a bear rummaging through someone's trash
THE MOST HORRIBLE TASTING SUBSTANCE ON THE PLANET
And our pantry is full of it! Normally we buy the nectar of the Gods, namely Welch's frozen juice concentrate.

Nectar of the Gods
But, for some reason, we have abandoned reason for madness. Hope for hopelessness. Joy and happiness for pain and agony. I think you get the picture. Let me give you an argument against Crystal Light, other than the given fact that it tastes somewhere in between crack cocaine and baking powder.
Phenylalanine and Aspartame - The miracle sweetener. In our quest to become thin, we have invented things to "sweeten" our beverages that contain little to no caloric value. A little Google search for Phenylalanine yielded me THIS website, which lists 92 different side effects of the miracle sweetener.
You can have it! I'll take the extra calories, at least my fruity beverage won't taste like poop and kill me at the same time.
Phenylalanine and Aspartame - The miracle sweetener. In our quest to become thin, we have invented things to "sweeten" our beverages that contain little to no caloric value. A little Google search for Phenylalanine yielded me THIS website, which lists 92 different side effects of the miracle sweetener.
You can have it! I'll take the extra calories, at least my fruity beverage won't taste like poop and kill me at the same time.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.